Saturday 6 February 2010

Dumb Ass

Well, I really am a dumb ass. Been thinking about having my van converted so I have more freedom, not having to rely on public disability transportation. Just occurred to me that if I had applied before returning to work I could have cried poverty, declared that I was a poor cripple, and applied for assistance in the costly makeover or new purchase. (dropped floor, ramp/lift, hand controls, etc.) - but nnnnooooooo, lets fight this disability and get back to work. Now that I'm no longer on disability pay and once again employed full time, I'm certain that I'll be turned down for any assistance that might make the price renovation a little easier to deal with. Duhhh!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't beat your self up. It is sad that we should have to play these games to get assistance. Good for you for getting back to work and best wishes!